Made with love – bespoke handmade and extra special furniture or curiosities!

Castaway specialises in bespoke handmade furniture and curiosities in wood and steel. These made from locally recycled materials.  Things that other people have ‘castaway’ are transformed into new  items. Castaway is a small business located in Dawlish, Devon.

Jolly Boat Chest

The Jolly Boat Chest is the smallest of our chests! With it being light and

Read more

Light House Family

Calling Light House Fans! These great Light House Family boxes are based on an idea

Read more

Long Trug

For carrying items which are long!  These long trugs are robust and handy – whether

Read more

Long Boat Chest

Ideal for presents! Most long boats of their time would have had a chest of

Read more

Long Boat Soft Top

Our softer top long boat is stylish! This is the same size and width as

Read more

Sea Chests

These sea chests are based on an original design. With it being the largest standard

Read more

Hanging Garden

Stylish plant pot holders These small hanging gardens can be hung on rope or screwed

Read more

Wrecker Trug

We called it the Wrecker Trug! It’s a lovely flower shape and made to carry

Read more

Hooks for All Occasions

Stylish Castaway Hooks  – For coats and hanging things on! Why buy an ordinary coat

Read more

Castaway is run by Paul with the assistance of his wife, Amanda.  Paul has over 35 years experience in boat building and steel work. Paul is now turning these skills into creating bespoke furniture and curiosities.  The ‘Castaway’ bespoke handmade furniture transforms room, homes and gardens.

Castaway furniture and curiosities are exactly that – they are not mass produced, but made with love and attention to detail and are of good quality and Castaway aims to have over 90% recycled materials in their products with the remaining 10% from local businesses to support them too. All products are made to order.