About Us

Castaway – Specialists in bespoke handmade furniture and curiosities in wood and steel. 

High quality items made from locally recycled materials – things that other people have ‘castaway’.

Paul’s love of the sea and recycling means the Castaway business is unique. Castaway is fast earning a reputation for making different bespoke furniture and curiosities to meet customers’ needs.  Castaway furniture and curiosities are exactly that – they are not mass produced, but made with love and attention to detail and are of good quality. Castaway aims to have over 90% recycled materials in their products with the remaining 10% from local businesses to support them too. All products are made to order. Products can arrange to be posted or couriered at extra cost. 

Paul and his wife Amanda take recycled  materials on another journey. They are transformed into a new life for homes or gardens or as curiosities.  All of the items are finished to a high quality standard. Paul has over thirty five years experience in boat building and steel work. This makes all his handmade items whether furniture like sea chests or trugs are made by real skill. 

Browse through the Castaway website and then why not talk to Paul about what you would like to buy  or  make for your home, garden or as a present for someone special? 

Email us: info@castawaydevon.co.uk